The 2018 South Yorkshire Dementia Creative Arts Exhibition will be taking place at Sheffield Cathedral between 2-8 July with a number of events and an arts exhibition.
Anyone affected by dementia is invited to prepare and submit original creative artwork to this international exhibition: people with dementia, family supporters and friends and paid and volunteer practitioners are all invited to take part.
A sister exhibition in Michigan plans to host it’s 3rd annual event at Detroit Institute of Arts – and images of work from South Yorkshire contributors will be included in this event, too.
Contact SYDCAE for further information about submission arrangements.
Key events for SYDCAE 2018 (all at Sheffield Cathedral)
- DROP-OFF for submissions: Friday 29th June (0900-1600)
- Preview: Monday 2nd July, 1-4pm
- Launch event: Tuesday 3rd July, 1030-1200
- ‘Dementia Futures 3’: PhD researchers share their work in plain English: Tuesday 3rd July, (1230-1530)
- SYDCAE Short Films Festival: Wednesday 4th July (1130-1400)
- Drinks Reception: Wednesday 4th July, (1900-2100)
- 2nd Spoken Word Event – Poetry at the Cathedral: Thursday 5th July (1400-1600)
- COLLECTION of submissions: Monday 9th July (0900-1600)