Half term is here again so join us at the Cathedral to find out what life was like for children in Victorian Sheffield. Every session includes plenty of hands-on activities and they are all free to attend.
We invite all children to join us to:
- learn the trade of engraver as an apprentice at James Dixon's silverworks
- learn copper-plate handwriting
- train for domestic service
- polish the silver and do some rag-rugging
- dress up as a Victorian and explore Sheffield Cathedral’s Victorian heritage
Every session is free to attend.
- Wednesday 27 May 11am – 1pm
- Thursday 28 May 10am – 12pm
- Friday 29 May 10am – 12pm
he guideline age range for many of the activities is 5-12 year olds but there will be something for the whole family!