From 16 April until 4 June Sheffield Cathedral is hosting five prayer installations inspired by the Easter to Pentecost story.
These lost and found installations include art work from the Cathedral Archer Project, prayer installations, and the Rag Cross made by schools and churches from across South Yorkshire.
The installations explore the themes of beauty in rags, hope in our loss, comfort in our waiting. You are invited to use these spaces for personal prayer and meditation.
The prayer installations can be found around the Cathedral, and are best viewed in the following order.
- Images of Holy Week in the Parker Transept
- Rag Cross in the West End
- The Empty Tomb in the Crypt
- Walking the Road in Old St George’s Chapel
- Wait Here in The Chapel of the Holy Spirit
If you would like to talk or pray with one of our chaplains during your visit please do ask one of the welcomers (wearing red) if a chaplain is available.