Volunteers work in a huge range of roles to ensure all who come to the Cathedral are welcomed and supported. Without them, the life of our community would not function as smoothly as it does!
There are many ways you can get involved and it is a rewarding role. Reasons to volunteer include:
- job satisfaction – you’ll be playing a key role in bringing Sheffield's Cathedral alive for others.
- joining a supportive community – you’ll become part of a diverse group of local people from a range of backgrounds.
- variety and stimulation – whatever your age, you’ll find volunteering helps you meet local people and gain new skills and experience.
- flexibility – volunteers usually offer two or four hour shifts for as many sessions per week as can be offered. We try to be as flexible as possible.
- support and training – we run regular volunteer meetings with training sessions so volunteers are fully equipped.
Become a Volunteer
Volunteer roles include:
Welcomers: Monday 9am-4pm, Tuesday to Friday 9am-6.30pm, Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday 12am-4pm
Shop: Monday to Friday 10am-4.30pm, Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday 11.45-3.30pm
If you would like to get involved, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact us by calling 0114 263 6060 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team would be delighted to help.