The Cathedral Archer Project works with the homeless and vulnerable in Sheffield to help them find ways out of homelessness and exclusion. This Lenten season, the charity is asking the people of Sheffield to join their Lent Appeal.
The Lent Appeal
Lent is the period of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter, and this year Lent begins on the 10th February and lasts for 40 days ending on the 24th March.
Traditionally a period of fasting (from food or activities), why not make some changes to your daily routine to enable you to donate to this life changing cause?
- sacrificing your daily takeaway tea or coffee on the way into work
- resisting that weekend box of chocs or magazines
- walking to work rather than driving or catching public transport
- taking a packed lunch to work rather than nipping into town on your lunch break
- choosing a cheaper brand of tea or coffee for a few weeks
Donations of any size really do make a big difference to help support those in our community who most need help.